Message sent to UKFN mailing list
UK Fluids Network Newsletter
Issue 7 (3/5/17)
Welcome to Issue 7 of the UK Fluids Network newsletter, a regular summary of the Network's activities and news from the UK Fluids community.
1. Researcher resources, https://ukfluids.net/researcher-resources
A new main menu item, Researcher resources, has been added to the website. It contains an example resource, “Control of fluid flows”, to illustrate the kind of material that can be included – video clips, notes, code snippets, etc – and how it will be formatted. We would welcome your comments. Please contact us if you would like to add resources.
2. Short Research Visits, https://ukfluids.net/srv
The deadline for the next batch of proposals is fast approaching: 31 May 2017. Remember that this scheme is open to academic or industrial fluids researchers at any stage in their career. Up to £1000 is available per visit.
3. Special Interest Groups, https://ukfluids.net/sig
If you are interested in joining a SIG, please contact the SIG leader directly. Contact details of leader/co-leader(s) are on the SIG’s individual page.
Keep watching the calendar of SIG meetings https://ukfluids.net/sig/calendar, accessible from the map page (top-right corner), for the latest SIG meetings and other UKFN-related events.
4. Fluids seminars, https://ukfluids.net/talks
More UK fluids seminars
Following the Easter break, please tell us about any upcoming fluids-related seminars at your institution, and who to contact for further details. We will incorporate these in the Future talks listings on the Talks page.
5. Forthcoming workshops and conferences (What’s On & Tweets)
(a) ERCOFTAC Hybrid RANS-LES Methods for Industrial CFD
22-23 May 2017, Manchester
(b) Flow Measurement Institute Conference
11-12 July 2017, Coventry
Note: deadline for abstracts has passed
(c) 12th OpenFOAM Workshop
24-27 July 2017, Exeter
Deadline: abstracts and early bird discount – 8 May 2017
· Please contact us by Wednesday, 31 May 2017 if you would like to advertise a workshop or conference in the next newsletter.
6. Open PDRA, faculty and other positions
(a) Academic posts in environmental fluid mechanics, Civil Engineering, University of Dundee
· Lecturer (http://tinyurl.com/lzbx2wb)
Closing date: 19 May 2017
· Reader/Professor (http://tinyurl.com/kmobmk8)
Closing date: 26 May 2017
(b) Research Assistant, School of Engineering, University of Glasgow
· Drag reduction using active flow control (http://tinyurl.com/mcn5lzq, http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AYU829/research-assistant/)
Closing date: 21 May 2017
(c) PhD Studentship, COAST Laboratory, Plymouth University (jointly with Edinburgh University)
· EXCESS: EXtreme responses in coastal engineering using NewWave on steep structures (http://tinyurl.com/k94k95s)
Closing date: 31 May 2017
· Please contact us by Wednesday, 31 May 2017 if you would like to advertise open PDRA, faculty and other positions in the next newsletter.
If you have any other items that you would like to advertise through the newsletter, please let us know.
To receive this newsletter, please sign up to the mailing list at https://ukfluids.net/.
We welcome your input and comments at https://ukfluids.net/contact or firstname.lastname@example.org