Message sent to UKFN mailing list
Welcome to Issue 3 of the UK Fluids Network newsletter, a regular summary of the Network's activities and news from the UK Fluids community.
1. Call for Short Research Visit proposals
· There is a revised call for SRVs: https://ukfluids.net/srv.
· Proposals will now be reviewed in batches every 4 months.
· The next deadline for submission is 31 January 2017.
2. Second call for Special Interest Group proposals (Repeat)
· A new call for SIGs has been launched: https://ukfluids.net/sig.
· Before preparing your proposal, please see the results from the first call on https://ukfluids.net/sig, in particular the list of activities and outputs compiled from the proposals.
· The closing date is 31 January 2017.
3. Registration (Repeat)
· The Registration page https://ukfluids.net/register is now live.
· If you are a UK-based fluids researcher, please enter details about your research interests and application areas. You can change or add to them at any stage.
· This data will build into a searchable UK directory of fluid mechanics researchers, users, and SIGs (as explained in the UKFN Case for Support: https://ukfluids.net/admin).
4. Forthcoming workshops and conferences
(a) Diagnostics and the Developing World
23-25 January 2017, Brunel University London
(b) ERCOFTAC Montestigliano Spring School "Prediction and control of aerodynamically-generated sound"
2-8 April 2017, Montestigliano, Tuscany, Italy
Deadline: applications – 31/1/17
(c) 29th International Conference on Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics
15-17 May 2017, University of Strathclyde
Deadlines: minisymposia proposals – 13/1/17; Poster abstracts, extended abstracts – 27/1/17
(d) 2nd IMA Conference on Nonlinearity and Coherent Structures
19-21 June 2017, University of East Anglia
Deadline: abstracts – 24/2/17
(e) 12th ERCOFTAC SIG 33 Workshop, Progress in Flow Instability, Transition and Control
19-21 June 2017, Certosa di Pontignano, Italy
Deadline: abstracts – 1/3/17
(f) Second annual UK Fluids Conference
6-8 September 2017, University of Leeds
Deadlines: abstracts – 16/1/17 (call), 24/4/17 (submission)
(g) Joint ECCOMAS conference, ECFD 7 (7th European CFD conference) & ECCM 6 (6th European conference on Computational Mechanics - Solids, Structures and Coupled Problems)
11-15 June 2018, Glasgow
Deadlines: minisymposia proposals – 31/1/17; abstracts – early September 2017
· Please contact us by 26 January 2017 if you would like to advertise a workshop or conference in the next newsletter.
5. Open PDRA, faculty and other positions
(a) Research Associate in numerical modeling of multiphase flows: EN20160423AM
Imperial College London
Closing date: 3 January 2017
(b) Engine Research and Simulation position
Closing date: 31 January 2017
(c) Research Associate on the numerical stability of convective liquid metal flows
Contact: Prof. Alban Pothérat (email@example.com; +44 (0)2477 65 88 65)
· Please contact us by 26 January 2017 if you would like to advertise open PDRA, faculty and other positions in the next newsletter.
If you have any other items that you would like to advertise through the newsletter, please let us know.
To receive this newsletter, please sign up to the mailing list at https://ukfluids.net/.
We welcome your input and comments at https://ukfluids.net/contact or firstname.lastname@example.org