Message sent to UKFN mailing list
Welcome to Issue 1 of the UK Fluids Network newsletter, a regular summary of the Network's activities and news from the UK Fluids community. We welcome your input, as well as comments on the content and layout.
1. Special Interest Group proposals
• REMINDER: the deadline for submitting SIG proposals is 31 October.
• Revised version of the call (posted 28/9/16), giving more details about requesting funding: https://www.ukfluids.net/sig
• Score sheet for assessment: https://www.ukfluids.net/sig
2. Minutes of the Executive Committee and Advisory Board meetings
• Minutes and agenda of the Executive Committee meeting (09/09/16): https://www.ukfluids.net/admin
• Minutes and agenda of the Advisory Board meeting (21/09/16): https://www.ukfluids.net/admin
3. Job opportunities
Please send details of any Fluid Mechanics jobs, giving the job position, location, and URL, e.g.
Two postdoctoral scholarships in fluid mechanics
Linne Flow Centre, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
4. Calls for proposals
Please send details of calls for proposals that may be of interest to the Fluids community: title, deadline(s) and URL. You can also register your interest to other Fluids researchers if, for example, you would like to write a proposal and are looking for a UK colleague with complementary expertise.
Note that you can receive alerts for EPSRC proposal calls by registering with EPSRC Communities: http://tinyurl.com/h76g3ax
5. New projects
Please let us know about new Fluids projects at your institution: description of project, participants, duration and a URL (if available).
6. Conferences, workshops, etc
Please send details of any upcoming conferences, workshops, etc. You can limit this to the conference title, location and the URL of either the conference website itself (if available) or a description of the event.
To receive this newsletter, please sign up to the mailing list at https://www.ukfluids.net/.
We welcome your input and comments at https://www.ukfluids.net/contact or firstname.lastname@example.org