Fluid mechanics underpins many established and emerging UK industries as well as critical societal issues such as air pollution, energy consumption, climate science, biology and medicine. Fluid mechanics is particularly strong in the UK, with world-class activity at several dozen institutions, involving hundreds of scientists and engineers. These institutions and individuals need to work together in order to benefit from the recent trend towards funding a small number of large grants. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us.
- develop cross-institution bottom-up research programs and proposals;
- promote links with researchers and organisations in Europe and beyond;
- provide resources to the research community worldwide;
- act as a broker between UK academics and industry.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs);
- Short Research Visits (SRVs);
- a website containing resources for all fluid mechanics researchers.
- signing up for the monthly newsletter
- registering your expertise in our searchable database of researchers;
- joining a Special Interest Group by emailing the SIG leader;
- contributing talks or researcher resources.
New recorded talks
A total of 7 recorded talks have been added to the Talks pageRead More
Draft EC meeting agenda
A draft agenda for the forthcoming EC meeting on 22nd September is available for commentRead More
EC minutes 30/6/17
The minutes and agenda of the last EC meeting on 30th June 2017 are available on the Connect page.Read More
Photo & video competition
UKFN has launched a new photo/video competition.Read More
A new main menu item, Researcher resources, has been added to the website.
Please contact us if you would like to add resources of your own.
There is now a calendar showing all SIG meetings and other UKFN-related events.Read More
All SIGs on website
The 15 new SIGs from the second round have been added to the SIG page.Read More
First SRVs announced
The first batch of five Short Research Visits have been approved for funding.Read More
Revised version of call for proposals for Short Research Visits (SRVs) availableRead More
EC minutes (SIG selection)
The minutes for the EC meeting on 11 November 2016, to discuss which 1st Call SIGs to recommend for funding, are available on the Admin page.Read More
SIG "Evolving Interfaces in Complex Flows" - Meeting on open problems in interfacial fluid mechanics
The aim of the meeting is to bring together researchers in Engineering and the Physical Sciences with a practical interest in evolving interfacial flows. The format is designed to facilitate in-depth discussion of current open problems in interfacial fluid mechanics. Financial support to attend is available for PhD students and Postdocs. To register, please contact: email@example.com Programme at https://tinyurl.com/EICF-m2-prog-rev1
ERCOFTAC 2018 Autumn Festival & Da Vinci Competition
1st announcement of next year's ERCOFTAC Autumn Festival and Da Vinci Competition.